Braised cabbage with meat and mushrooms is a favorite dish of many people. The meat is very tasty, juicy, mushrooms add to the dish special aroma and make it very mouth-watering. This dish is wonderful combined with different types of side dishes, but best complement it mashed potatoes, buckwheat and barley porridge. Average per serving with a volume of 150-180 g of such a treat, there are 375 calories, therefore, despite its exceptional taste and aroma, eating it daily is not recommended.
Braised cabbage with mushrooms and meat
There are many recipes for stew cabbage with meat and mushrooms, but the main set of ingredients remains permanent:
- meat – sirloin, most often pork, but you can use chicken or turkey meat – 400-500 g;
- fresh mushrooms – champignons – 250-300 g;
- white cabbage – 500-700 g;
- onions (white or yellow) – 2-4 pcs.;
- tomato paste 2-3 tbsp. tablespoons (or ketchup 3-5 tbsp.spoons, or 2 tomato);
- salt, pepper, spices and herbs.
In addition, you will also need about 0.5 vegetable oil glasses for frying, it can be sunflower or olive. IN depending on the recipe, such ingredients like carrots and bell peppers.
The process of cooking stewed cabbage with mushrooms and meat, photo the steps of which can be found below are also little different from the recipe to the recipe. The sequence of actions can only complemented by some steps when introducing additional products.
The dish is prepared as follows:
1. Vegetables are washed, peeled and chopped: onion cut into cubes or half rings, carrots rub on a coarse grater, cabbage finely chopped, mushrooms cut into slices;
2. The meat is washed under running water, dried with a towel, cut into cubes 3×3 cm or long 3×1 cm stripes and sent to a preheated pan with sunflower oil. Roasted over high heat with occasional stirring
3. Once the oil has become clear in a pan with meat, onion is added there, after 5 minutes after carrots are sent, after another 5 – mushrooms. Stewed for 20 minutes and seasoned with spices and tomato paste;
4. Finely added to the pan with vegetables and meat shredded cabbage, everything is thoroughly mixed and stewed on low heat under a lid for 35-40 minutes.
5-7 minutes before cooking, pan or the cauldron must be slightly opened so that excess moisture evaporates, and the dish it didn’t work out wet and slimy.
Braised cabbage recipe with meat, potatoes and mushrooms
Among the variety of recipes for cooking this dish, any the gourmet will be able to find exactly the one that he will like. IN The number of the most popular variations of this dish includes a recipe. cooking cabbage with mushrooms, meat and potatoes, recipe in which it is used both in fresh and in pickled form, and also a recipe for this dish with the addition of beans.
All these dishes are prepared according to one scheme, which is described above, therefore, even a novice in cooking does not have any difficulties arises, but the composition and proportions of the products are different.
So for cooking stewed cabbage with meat, potatoes and mushrooms you will need:
- 0.5 kg of white cabbage;
- 200 g of champignons;
- 0.3 kg of potatoes;
- 0.5 kg of pork;
- 2 medium-sized carrots;
- 5 tbsp. spoons of ketchup;
- herbs, spices, salt and herbs to taste.
In addition, you will need 3.5 cups of boiling water.
The potato is peeled, cut into small cubes and the finished mixture of vegetables and meat is added to the floor 25 minutes before the end of cooking with 3.5 tbsp. boiling water. Stew dish recommended under ajar lid over medium heat in total difficulty 35-40 minutes.
Cooking Braised Sauerkraut with Mushrooms and Meat
For cooking stewed sauerkraut with mushrooms and meat will need the following ingredients:
- 500 g of fresh and 300 g of sauerkraut;
- 250 g of champignons;
- 0.5 kg of carrots;
- 1 bell pepper;
- 4 onions;
- 5 tbsp. tablespoons of concentrated tomato paste;
- Salt, spices to taste as always.
The dish prepared according to this recipe is incredible. fragrant, beautiful and just melts in your mouth. Sauerkraut added to the pan 20 minutes later fresh with shredded straws, sweet pepper, followed by a stewing process lasts another 20-25 minutes.
For cooking a very hearty stewed cabbage with meat, beans and mushrooms will need the following ingredients:
- 0.4 kg of white cabbage;
- 200 g of fresh champignons;
- 150 g of white beans;
- 1 carrot;
- 3 tomatoes;
- 2 onions;
- vegetable oil (sunflower);
- salt, pepper, laurel to taste.
The cooking process is similar to that described above, only except that the beans that are present in the recipe require preliminary preparation. It needs to be sorted out, washed and soaked for 2-3 hours, then boil until tender, put in a dish for 10 minutes before the end of cooking.