Such mushrooms as russula are found in the forest much more often than other representatives of this family. In terms of their taste, they are in no way inferior to the chanterelles, aspen and boletus, beloved by many gourmets. For those who love the 'quiet hunt', russula are a good catch, from which housewives can subsequently prepare a wide variety of healthy and nutritious delicacies, both for everyday use and for winter storage. Russulas can be boiled in salted water, fried with onions and vegetables, baked and dried, but pickling is the most favorite way of cooking them. Pickled russula for the winter is a delicious dish that can be prepared according to the recipes below.
- Preparing for marinating russula for the winter
- The classic preparation of pickled russula mushrooms for the winter
- Recipe for pickled russula for the winter with horseradish
- Delicious pickled russula for the winter: a recipe with a photo
- How to marinate russula for the winter: a recipe with a video
- How to cook pickled russula mushrooms for the winter with mustard
Preparing for marinating russula for the winter
Are you interested in the question of how to marinate russula for the winter, which recipes are better to use? Today, a large number of ways of preparing these gifts of nature have been invented and tested, however, before proceeding directly to cooking, it is necessary to properly process the main product. This preparation is performed as follows:
- Mushrooms must be sorted out, those that have wormholes and other damage should be set aside;
- Remove all debris from the mushrooms (leaves, sticks, etc.), put the raw materials in a colander and rinse thoroughly with running water;
- Remove the film from the surface of the cap. The most convenient way to do this is with a knife;
- Transfer the russula to a saucepan and cover them with hot water;
- Bring the contents of the saucepan to a boil, cook for 7-10 minutes (depending on their size) and remove from heat.
After all the preparatory procedures are completed, you can start choosing a recipe for pickled russula for the winter, the most popular of which are listed below.
The classic preparation of pickled russula mushrooms for the winter
You can cook pickled russula mushrooms for the winter in the classic way. It is used by most housewives and guarantees a tasty preparation that is well stored throughout the winter.
- 5 kg russula;
- 20 peas of black pepper;
- 750 ml vinegar 9%;
- 3 tbsp. l. table salt;
- 10 laurel leaves;
- cloves to taste;
- 25 g sugar;
- 2 liters of water.
- Bring water to a boil in a deep saucepan, add salt, sugar and spices, boil for 5 minutes;
- Combine the mixture with vinegar and immerse the mushrooms prepared in the above way into it, bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes;
- In the meantime, you need to prepare the jars – wash and rinse with boiling water;
- Arrange the mushrooms in the prepared jars, pour over the remaining marinade and seal.
Store the workpiece in a cool place, such as a cellar or basement.
Recipe for pickled russula for the winter with horseradish
Those who love dishes with an unusual and bright taste will surely like the recipe for making marinated russula for the winter with horseradish.
- 1 kg of mushrooms;
- 5 dill umbrellas;
- 5 pieces. peppercorns;
- 1 tsp Sahara;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 30 g of salt;
- 10 currant leaves;
- horseradish root;
- 1.5 liters of water;
- 1 tbsp. l. vinegar.
Do not know how to marinate russula for the winter in jars and doubt that you will succeed? In fact, the process of cooking autumn is simple, it looks like this:
- Sterilize the jars and cover them with lids;
- Finely chop the garlic, currant leaves and dill, cut the horseradish root into slices;
- Put seasonings and herbs on the bottom of the jars;
- Cut the prepared (already cooked) mushrooms into pieces, put them in jars on top of herbs and spices;
- Bring the water to a boil, then dissolve the sugar and salt in it, mix well;
- Now you can add vinegar, mix the mixture thoroughly and pour into jars with prepared mushrooms.
Roll up the jars, and after they cool, move them to a cool place for storage.
Delicious pickled russula for the winter: a recipe with a photo
Marinating russula for the winter in jars, prepared according to the recipe below, turns out to be very tasty with an unusual taste. The onion, included in the list of main ingredients, gives the dish a spicy flavor.
On the Internet, you can find a variety of recipes for making pickled russula for the winter with detailed photos that clearly demonstrate the whole process and help you do everything right.
- 1 kg of mushrooms;
- 250-300 ml of vinegar 9%;
- 5 laurel leaves;
- 5 black peppercorns;
- 5 carnations;
- 300 g onions;
- 2 tsp Sahara;
- 500 ml of water;
- 2 tbsp. l. salt.
Put the prepared mushrooms in pasteurized jars
Bring water in a saucepan to a boil, add all seasonings, salt, sugar, vinegar
Peel the onion and send it whole to the marinade, cook for 7 minutes
Remove the onions from the marinade, cut into 4 pieces and place in jars
Pour the marinade into jars, roll up and leave to cool.
It is advisable to store such blanks for the winter in the refrigerator.
How to marinate russula for the winter: a recipe with a video
The process of preparing russula is practically the same, only the composition and proportions of the ingredients change. Knowing how to pickle russula mushrooms for the winter, you can experiment and use a wide variety of options. For example, you can use the following set of ingredients:
- 1.5 kg of mushrooms;
- 800 ml of water;
- 350 ml vinegar 9%;
- 2 tsp dried ginger;
- cloves, black and allspice peas to taste;
- 1 tsp cumin;
- 5 sour green apples;
- 5 tsp Sahara;
- 2 tbsp. l. salt.
- Bring water to a boil and add salt, sugar and spices to it, boil for 5 minutes, add washed apples, cut into slices;
- Combine the mixture with vinegar and immerse the mushrooms prepared in the above way into it, bring to a boil and cook for another 7-10 minutes;
- Place the mushrooms in prepared jars, pour over the remaining marinade and seal.
The mushrooms prepared according to this recipe are very aromatic and spicy in an oriental way.
It is better to understand how to pickle russula for the winter, the video instruction below will help:
How to cook pickled russula mushrooms for the winter with mustard
Those who love spicy dishes are probably interested in how to cook pickled russula mushrooms for the winter with components such as mustard. The technology for preparing such mushrooms is not much different from that described in the recipes above. Mustard is added directly to the marinade along with the vinegar.
The following set of ingredients can be used:
- 1 kg russula;
- 1.5 liters of boiled water;
- 50 ml vinegar;
- 3 tbsp. l. ready-made mustard;
- peppercorns to taste;
- 25 g salt;
- 1 tbsp. l. greenery;
- 1 tbsp. l. Sahara.
Using the recipes above, each housewife will be able to make her preparations for the winter more diverse. The most important thing is to approach the preparation of the main raw materials with all responsibility, otherwise the banks can 'explode' if there are spoiled mushrooms inside them.