Perlovka is one of the most famous cereals, but few who gives her preference. It’s just that not everyone can correctly cook, hence the reluctance to eat such porridge for food. Regular consumption of pearl barley strengthens the immune system, as well as normalizes the state of the cardiovascular and nervous systems. What if combine pearl barley with meat or mushrooms, then even the most moody gourmets will not refuse such a dish. So, we offer 2 recipes cooking barley with porcini mushrooms.
Barley with dried porcini mushrooms in a pan
- Dried porcini mushrooms – 100-150 g;
- Perlovka – 2 tbsp .;
- Water for boiling cereals – 4 tbsp .;
- Onion – 1 head;
- Vegetable oil;
- Salt, pepper to taste.
Barley with dried porcini mushrooms is prepared as follows way:
Pour boiling water over the mushrooms and leave them to swell for about several hours, boil for 10 minutes, strain the broth.
Rinse with running water, dry with a kitchen towel and cut into slices.
Sort the barley and rinse several times, transfer to a sieve or colander.
Boil some water in a saucepan and place there barley sieve.
Cover and let simmer over medium heat 20 min
Then in another pan, heat water from the recipe, add a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp. l vegetable oil.
Send porridge there and simmer for 25 minutes.
Fry in chopped vegetable oil until chopped onion cubes, as well as mushrooms.
Add the frying to the porridge, pour in the strained broth, mix and simmer for another 35 minutes.
At the end, add salt and pepper to taste.
Barley with fresh porcini mushrooms in a slow cooker
Barley with porcini mushrooms in a slow cooker – tasty and healthy the dish, which is also easy to prepare.
- Fresh mushrooms – 0.7 kg;
- Perlovka – 1.5 tbsp .;
- Onion – 1 pc.;
- Purified water – 4-5 st .;
- Salt, pepper, favorite spices.
Barley with porcini mushrooms will be prepared in stages:
- Soak barley in water for about 4 hours.
- Onions and prepared mushrooms cut into medium cubes or slices.
- We ship them together with 1-2 tbsp. l butter in a bowl slow cookers and set the mode “Cooking” for 20 minutes.
- In 5 minutes, open the lid, salt and season with spices to taste.
- Add pearl barley, fill with water from the recipe, mix and set for 1 hour in the “Pilaf” mode.
- After the sound signal, let the porridge stand for 1-1.5 hours and serve to the table.